Friday, March 21, 2008

Book 46: Love Walked In



Title: Love Walked In

Who wrote it: Marisa De Los Santos

Whom I borrowed it from: Queens Library (Forest Hills)

What is it about:
- A tale of a 11 y/o girl losing her single parent mom
through mental illnesses, while her dad's girlfriend
offered her shelter and comfort through
life's storm; and how their bond developed
over time, despite the awkwardness of this
relationship / friendship...

What went through my mind:
- As the first published novel,
this was a very sophisticated and
well written story : 0
She has some creative usage of
vocabularies, detailed and delicate
images laid out before the readers eyes,
and the character developments of the
people involved are excellent.
i was very impressed and felt drawn to
the story & all its characters.
I feel like i know them all personally,
and that i'd love to be their friends /
family members : )

- The theme of this novel is pretty unique,
and its optimistic worldview (while being realistic)
is quite encouarging and made this novel
all the more lovable : )
I really liked how the story does not
end on a happily ever after note,
but it doesn't make life TOO HARSH
for them (& us readers) to bear either : D
I felt some soothing comfort / warmth
brewing in my heart, for it brings a sense of
peace & hope to my life : )

Favorite Quotes:
- "If you have to ask, no way are you
ever getting the answer you're looking for...
If you have to ask that question in order
to keep him... he's already gone.
"
(Pg. 96)

- "Be not afraid of parenthood;
some are born parents,
some achieve parenthood, and others
have parenthood thrust upon 'em.
"
(Pg. 106)

- "The problem with me is that
I like to work; I like to do
what I do well and completely;
I just don't have a calling. Not yet, anyway
."
(Pg. 121)
* That summarizes my life up till now.
Thanks a lot!

- "I don't think love is blind,
but wanting to be in love,
that's probably blind.
" (Pg. 174)

- "Maybe with true love, you see
(the mistakes/imperfection)
and you love anyway.
" (Pg. 182)

- "Happiness isn't what happens when
you whistle along, pretending
bad things don't exist..
Happiness is earned, like everything else
.
It is achieved.
" (Pg. 271-272)

What came out of this:
* Reminder: Look out for this author's
second book! : D I can't wait!!

Why Should you read it, too?
It's a very heartwarming story : )
If life is not treating you too well now,
reading this shall lift your spirit a little...

No comments: