Thursday, February 14, 2008

Book 31: Apple Desserts (蘋果甜點)



Title: 蘋果甜點 (Apple Desserts)

Who wrote it: 山本次夫 (Tsugio Yamamoto)

Whom I borrowed it from: Queens Library (Forest Hills)

What is it about:
The 10 kinds of apples available on the market /
their distinct textures & flavors /
25 recipes of Apple Desserts originating from:
France, Switzerland, Austria, Canada,
England, America & Japan.

What went through my mind:
- It's kinda sad that in NYC, we only have
a few kinds of apples available --
i definitely miss Fafa's favorite: 王林 ,
which can't seem to be found anywhere 0_o"

- The main reason I borrowed this book,
besides the fact that i LOVE apple in desserts,
and that I'll participate in an apple dessert contest,
(See: http://sharethefood.blogspot.com/
2008/02/contests.html
)
is that the author's Japanese : 0
I've always admired Japanese's baking skills,
even more than the French ones '_'
So i was a bit disappointed that most of the
recipes weren't from the Japanese kitchen.

- Unlike the other recipe books I've borrowed
from the library, this one is strictly written
in Chinese... which makes it hard for me to
figure out some of the ingredients 0_o"

- I'm determined.

I'll make: Pommes au four a la Parisienne,
Gratin de Pomme, Apple Pound cake,
Apple Pudding, Apple in Basket,
Apple Jelly and Apple Shortcake...
FOR THE FIRST TIME!

What came out of this:
* Goal: Apple Desserts Experiments : D
Any apple lovers wanna join & taste test?
* Reminder:
If i were to write cookbooks in the future,
I gotta make it bilingual! : 0

Why Should you read it, too?
If you're gonna join me in my Apple Adventure,
you'd better read this : D

No comments: