Monday, January 28, 2008

Book 19: Julie & Julia

Title: Julie & Julia
-- 365 days, 524 recipes, 1 tiny apartment kitchen
Who wrote it: Julie Powell

Whom I borrowed it from:
Bought @ Barnes & Noble

What is it about:
A turning-30, ever-temping at
government agency lady decided to
take a bold step in challenging herself
before reaching the big 3-0:
Cook through every single recipe of
the famous Julia Child's
Mastering the Art of French Cooking in 1 year.

What went through my mind:
- French cooking is such a pain!!!!!!!!!
and EXPENSIVE...... 0_o"""
I get that impression from reading this book.
- Oh but i wanna try to make crepes.
Julie made it sound so... appetizing & semi-easy : )
- This book was umm... a little long,
& overwhelmingly flooded with curse words.
- Her (mostly) supportive husband reminds me
of my Goh goh ; ) He washes all the dishes, too,
when i did my cooking experiments! : D
Love is really the best fuel for this kind
of long, crazy journeys!
- i was touched by the ending of this book.
May my 365 Project ends well like hers!

Favorite Quote:
"My husband had done nothing else
for nearly six months but wash dishes." (Pg. 195)
-- Now that, is TRUE love, in my humble opinion.


What came out of this:
* Smart Idea: She set up a donation button on her blog,
so interested readers can support her financially --
she call it the 'lamb discretionary fund.'
Now, can someone help me set that up
over at sharethefood.blogspot.com, too?
Or would anyone grant me $$ to buy books to read? : D

* (Day)Dream: Will i be able to quit my job and
write a book also, after i finish this 365 books Project? 0_o

Why Should you read it, too?
* If you loved cooking/eating,
or just wanna be motivated to challenge yourself
to tackle an epic-scale project.
[HEY! YOU CAN DO IT!
& even if you can't, you'd gain something trying!]

No comments: